Evangelism has been our blog focus throughout the month of December, and I hope you’ve had chances to talk about Jesus during this season! We’ve discussed how to share your testimony, the value of extending invitations, and the benefits of using one verse to share the good news. But, we can’t let this month end without highlighting the importance of prayer. It is the foundation for our evangelistic conversations.
God’s Word teaches us that He listens when we pray. We can be assured that when we come to Him with our needs, they are heard. Here are just a few ways you can pray for gospel conversations.
- Pray for an opportunity to share.
- Pray for the person you’re sharing with to have a heart sensitive to things of God.
- Pray for your own ability to clearly communicate the good news.
- Pray for God to use you, your words, and this relationship to further His Kingdom.
- Pray for a follow-up opportunity to talk more about Jesus.
- Pray for your own witness to be marked with integrity, honesty, and Christlikeness.
- Pray for the person you’re sharing with to grow in understanding of God’s Word.
- Pray for the person you’re sharing with to connect with other believers and a local church.
- Pray for your own heart to be sensitive and ready for opportunities to share.
Prayer will prepare you to speak and will remind you of God’s promised presence. Look for chances to talk about Jesus, but don’t forget to pray for each opportunity to be a life-changing one!