The leader guide consists of focused, easy-to-follow teaching plans for 13 sessions. The four main headers to guide you as you prepare and teach each session are:
- Exploration: Context information on the Scripture covered in the session is included in the Exploration section, which follows the intro page and the Scripture passage. This will give you a background context on the book of the Bible and commentary to introduce the session. There are several options included for how to transition students to individual study of the Scripture before the Conversation section begins.
- Conversation: This is the time to discuss the Scripture passage with your students. All of the questions students have in their Personal Study Guides are also included in the leader guide Conversation section. These questions are designed to help guide your students as they explore God’s Word for themselves.
- Leader Prep: There are three pages of commentary that cover all of the Scripture for the session. In the sidebar on the right side of the page there is also context information regarding the literary, cultural, geographical, and historical context of the passage of Scripture.
- Application: The last two pages of the leader guide are designated for Application. Central Truth, Now What?, and Personal Challenge are all included in the Application section, as well as your students Personal Study Guides.
Leader Training Videos
The leader training videos come in the Annual Digital Bundle (Leader Pack portion) and are 5-8 minutes in length. They are designed to help leaders prepare for each session. Erik Reed, pastor of Journey Church, is our speaker for the Fall leader training videos. See Session 13 Leader Training Video for a sample of one of our Fall Leader Training Videos. The three components covered in each video are:
- Context: Each leader training video begins with an introduction of the context of the Scripture and more background information on the passage of Scripture covered in the section.
- Central Truth: Not only is the Central Truth covered in the training videos, but some application of the Central Truth is also addressed in each session of the leader training videos.
- Conversation: This portion of the video connects with the Conversation section in the Leader Guide. The speaker dives deeper into a few of the questions your students will explore in their Personal Study Guides.