A listing of the free resources available to help you better prepare and teach an adult Bible study group using Explore the Bible. These ideas support Session 10 in the Fall 2020 study of Isaiah (Isaiah 49:1-13).
Extra provides an idea for using a current news story to introduce and conclude the group time. Download PDF
Weekly Leader Training Podcast
Members of the Explore the Bible editorial team review the main points of the study, discuss some critical questions from the study, and provide teaching tips along the way. Listen here
Online Group Guidelines
Looking for best practices when adapting the group plans to an online setting? Follow these best practices for leading an online group.
Bob Williams says
Hi Dwayne Mccrary . Thanks for the work in writing/editing podcast etc. our SS study of Isaiah.
I have several questions. When I pull up the lessons on goexploreThe bible.com / leader extras I only see helps through lesson 10…Am I missing something ?
2) will there be a podcast after lesson 10 ?
3) Personal question on Nikki .I see Blakes Bio and I see Dwaynes Bio… but Nikki looks like a Lay leader. So ,for my curiosity how does a lay leader become involved in these types of programs/projects? I’m not concerned about her credentials at all …because I’m sure shes qualified .
Dwayne McCrary says
Thanks for asking these questions.
1. The idea behind extra is to identify a news event that can be used to begin and end a group time. We want the item to be current so we post it 10 days prior to the suggested use date.
2. There will be a podcast for every session. We follow the same pattern as extra to make it more manageable for people just discovering the podcast.
3. Nikki is a lay leader and she is not the only person who writes for us that is not on a church staff. Many of these writers are educators who lead Bible study groups for their church. People who are interested in writing submit an assigned sample for us to review. If that sample meets standards, we then begin a second step that includes recommendations.