Beginning in the Spring of 2019, the adult weekly training video found on Ministry Grid will become a weekly training podcast. So why do this?
- So you can hear from more people. In the past, you usually gained insight from one person. Now you will hear from multiple people over the course of the quarter, giving you broader insights into each lesson.
- So you can hear from the team that actually works on the resources. You will hear from the editors and leaders who wrestle with outlining and editing each session. You get the benefit of hearing the thoughts and factors that shaped what you are reading in the adult Explore the Bible resources.
- So teachers can listen on the go. Podcasts make it easier for a person to listen on the go as opposed to needing to sit and watch. Teachers can listen in while commuting to work, taking a walk, or eating lunch.
- To give you more content. Video is expensive especially when compared to a podcast. We can provide more content without breaking our budget by moving to this format. The previous videos were 5 minutes in length while the podcasts will average 15 minutes in length.
- So you can focus on other actions teachers and leaders are expected to carry out. Weekly gatherings of Sunday School teachers tends to focus on the lesson coming up. By providing the podcast, the leader is now freed up to train teachers and others during the regular meetings. You can help them understand how to use different methods more effectively, organizing the group, share some of the whys behind the hows, apprenticing new group leaders, and so much more.
Go to MinistryGrid.com/ExploreTheBible to begin listening to these podcasts. You will need to enter your name and email to create an account. The podcasts are free.